Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's flip-flop wearin weather!

This weekend was absolutely beautiful! For the first time in months there was no sign of winter anywhere! Our family took advantage of the warm weather to get a few things done around the house, I cleaned out the car and raked up more twigs, Chip finished organizing our hallway closet (God bless him for that-I wouldn't wish that closet on my worst enemy!), and Jaeden played with his new sidewalk chalk and bubbles.

There is something about spring that always puts me in the mood to make big changes, whether it is wanting to paint a room in the house, rearranging furniture, or planting a garden. I always come up with a huge list of home improvements that I want to do, however, I usually run out of enthusiasm after completing the first task. The list I made this time is really important because it may be the last opportunity I get to work on this house-as many of you know, Chip graduated from Boyce College last May, and we are now in the process of looking for a church. The prospects here in Louisville are not good, so, we will probably have to move from the area, therefore, we really need to spruce this place up in order to sell it! Most of the tasks on my list just concern de-cluttering and organizing our stuff-I never realized we have collected so much junk over the years (nick-knacks, clothes, books, magazines, baby stuff, toys, CD's DVD's, etc), it's going to take months to work through everything!

I think I just ran out of enthusiasm...

No comments:

Post a Comment