Well, not really-I just got carried away because I got out my sewing machine (for the first time in 4 years) and used it successfully! I hate using the sewing machine because, #1 I can never thread it right, #2 it's in our closet and hard to get to, and #3 I really don't know how to do anything on it-I'm scared of it!
Anyway, several weeks ago I was out shopping for toddler sheets for Jaeden's new bed. Let me tell you, NO ONE sells toddler sheets-I couldn't find them anywhere! So, my mom (who could have made it as a pioneer) suggested that I buy fabric and make my own. I wasn't keen on the idea because it would require me to get out the dreaded sewing machine, but I gave in and bought some blue and red material.
The fabric has sat in the closet since that day-I kept putting it off because I knew the whole ordeal was going to be frustrating. I want to be crafty and domestic so badly-I find that to be very charming and a neat quality to have. I guess I am to an extent (I mean, I do teach art) but I really want to be the kind of girl who can sew, make crafty things for Jaeden's room, and deck out my house in the latest, coolest trends. Anyway, in my first post I mentioned how I'd been challenged by some of the ladies at my church to try new things, I thought about that today and decided to give it a shot.
I'm proud to say that everything went off without a glitch-I threaded the machine correctly, there were no knots in the thread, it didn't get all tangled up (like the last time I tried sewing), and the hem was fairly straight. Overall, I'd say it was a success. Now that I'm feeling a little more confident I might try my hand at another sewing project...someday...later.
Ps, I'm not posting any pictures of the sheets because, well, they just aren't that impressive! I hemmed a blue sheet with red thread and a red sheet with blue thread. Seriously, that's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you!!
ReplyDelete