Friday, March 27, 2009

Life is full of hard choices

Isn't that the biggest "DUH!" of the century? Chip and I are finding out how true that really is as we are searching for the place God will have us serve. We broke the news to my parents last night that we are sending resumes to Florida. No one really said anything, which made it even harder to know what they were thinking. (Don't get alarmed family and friends who read this-we are just fishing! We are also sending resumes to places nearby-Florida is just another option we are considering-no churches in Florida have even contacted us).

You see, I am my parents only child and Jaeden is their only grandchild. Those two things make this whole process gut-wrenchingly (is that even a word?) hard. We don't want to hurt them, but we also have to be obedient to God. It seems as if it is a very thin line that we are balancing on.

I know without a doubt that God is sovereign; He knows where we will serve and how my parents will react. He knows and it doesn't surprise Him-I am so thankful for such an awesome God!

I am also thankful for this season of our life because I've learned so much about the character of God and have seen how much my character does not match His. I've been very convicted lately about many things that are not right in my walk with God-again, I'm thankful that God cares enough to discipline me to bring me back to a right relationship with Him. I have seen the importance of a consistent prayer life during this time as well. God and I have had many conversations about church hunting this week, and each time we talk He softly whispers "I'm in control, you don't have to worry. I know what I have planned for you. Don't worry."

How can I not trust such a gentle, loving God-I stand in awe!

2 comments:

  1. Just wait when you do move away from your parents and they come to visit you and their grandchild and your Mom cries every time she leaves to go home!:) Both of our parents are this way but they do adjust. It is hard but I think it is good for you and Chip in a way to be more DEPENDENT on God. The Lord has really showed us this over the past 4 years that we have been away from "home".... Not to say, that I still am VERY much lacking in FAITH when it comes to the plans God has for us...

    Holly

    ReplyDelete