Those who know Jaeden know that he had an absolutely horrible time learning to eat solid food. It was a problem that, up until recently, wouldn't go away. I remember being so upset and worried that he would stave to death because the only thing he would eat would be cereal bars. Well, this summer has been a summer of milestones for him! He's been eating well for awhile now, but this summer he's tried for the first time (and LOVED) watermelon, strawberries, blackberries, ice cream floats, pizza, macaroni and cheese, and peanut butter. I know-what kid doesn't like those things?!
Another "issue" Jaeden has had for what seems like for ever is his fear of people-mainly kids. Today, we went to the zoo and I was blown away by what I saw him do! He played on the playground with other kids-without me standing over him, coaxing him to play. He also would weave his way in between kids to get closer to the animals (something he would have NEVER done last year).
Lastly, Jaeden has had a tricycle for a couple of years now (apparently my parents went on a buying spree when they found out we were having a baby-I think he's the only kid to have a tricycle on the day he was born!) Anyway, he refused to ride it last year, and even this fall and spring he would get really frustrated with it. However, it finally clicked this summer-no body's toes are safe now!
One more thing-Jaeden can write some of his letters and cut with scissors! His teacher last year mentioned that those were things he was having trouble with-won't she be surprised in the fall! He can write O, T, H, A, Q, I, J, F, E, and X. I'm so proud!
When I look back at all the things that he's accomplished this summer, it reminds me of how fast time flies, and makes the time I have with him even more special!
Ps-Did I mention that Jaeden is ALMOST completely potty trained? Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment