Friday, December 18, 2009

Do you hear what I hear?

I swear, if Christmas break did not come this week, I don't think I would have survived until Friday! Tonight I've compiled a list of funny things that have been said in my classroom this week-they are the only things that have kept me sane!

1. First, Holiday Music Night was Tuesday. The kids have been practicing since Halloween. On THURSDAY a kindergartner comes in and says, when I tell them we are doing art today, "We aren't practicing our Holiday Music Night songs?"

2. As my 3rd graders are rehearsing for a musical they are presenting in February, a student says (with a look of horror) , "We're doing this in front of people?"

3. Today, a kindergartner asks for a drink and says, "I need one real bad-I have pains."

4. A fifth grader lost his painting, then finds it. It didn't have a name on it, so I told him to write his name on the back. He goes back to his seat and PAINTS his name on the back. Then, his friend comes in and says, "That's my painting!" The first kid responds "No, it's mine, see, it has my name on it." I reply with, "You JUST NOW put your name on it-that doesn't mean it is yours!"

5. 5th grade student: Mrs. Yankey, is Santa real?
Me: (not sure if I'm being set up or not) Well, there was a real man named Saint Nicholas who helped the needy. I think that might be where we get our Santa Claus.
Student: (looking at her friend) See, I told you he was real.
Friend: She's just saying that because we're kids!

6. Me, on Monday: You need to be back for Holiday Music Night at 6:15. Not 6:00, not 6:35, but 6:15.
Student: Will 5:20 work for you?
Me: No, it won't, but 6:15 works for me!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for the break-one can only take this much fun in small amounts!

No comments:

Post a Comment